A grumble
You will allow me a little moan on this Friday morning.
I'm a tad hungover and I just feel like it, ok?
Now, when I pay nearly £500 for a ticket home there are a couple of things I expect...
a) a ticket
b) a drink once on board
c) something to help me while away the 8 hour flight.
Sadly when I booked a seat on "Has not known love in the Biblical sense" Airlines* I was not afforded any of these luxuries.
a) a ticket - took 2 months and 15 irate calls to customer services for them to send me through an e-ticket. Despite a confimation email saying it would take no longer than 72 hours.
b) a drink once on board - oh, don't get me wrong, you're allowed a drink. A soft drink. Order anything more and you immediately become the spawn of Satan. A lush. A drunkard. Someone that can't be trusted with a bottle of lighter fluid. They've even added their "thou shalt not drink" to the pre-flight spiel. "Welcome aboard this Goody Two Shoes* flight to Jomo Kenyatta airport, Nairobi. The emergency exits are here, here and here and by the way, if you drink alcohol on board you'll be pushed through one faster than you can say 'gin and tonic'. Have a nice flight." Bastards.
c) something to help me while away the 8 hour flight - my biggest whinge. I don't think I'm asking too much to expect a personal tv, even in economy. I think I could even demand that it showed decent films, at a time that suited me, and I wouldn't be pushing it. On Sanctimonious Airlines* however, what you actually get is a 3.5 inch screen (so, slightly bigger than a Blackberry) which shows 5 different (and rubbish) channels *at the same time*. Therefore, once your film has finished, you then have to wait another hour before all the other channels are finished before you can watch anything else. In the end I had to resort to poking the person in front of me with various implements to see if I could wake them up.
*possibly not its real name




3 comments:
Now THIS is what blogs are made for; unrepentent, unilateral ranting, for the venting of the author's deep-held frustrations and for the entertainment of everyone else. Fantastic post.
Bet you feel better for it, too, huh ?
PS, if it's any consolation - which it won't be - Virgin's media services are absolutely dire too.
well, it's been a long while... remember me?! must be several years since i read your blog last... i just stumbled upon a 3-year-old incarnation of my website and i linked to you... and you're still here! how's life? xx
Hi WOT - yes, I feel a little bit better. And I know about their media services. Silly me is signed up to them!
Hello Sarah - yes, it has been a long time and yes, I am *still* here. You won't get rid of me that easily.
Post a Comment