Friday, March 14, 2008

Trains, planes and automobiles

I like Dublin. It's scruffy, the people are nice and the money doesn't seem real (am I the only one who thinks that Euros are like Monopoly money?)

What I don't like about Dublin is the airport. I don't like it when I spend more time in the airport than in Dublin itself. I don't like it when my plane is delayed and I have to sit around for three hours with nothing to do. I don't like the uncomfortable seats. I don't like the internet stations that steal all your money. I don't like the noisy groups of teenagers who insist on standing behind me, shouting at the top of their voices. I don't like the fact you can't get a proper knife and fork to eat the (mediocre) food with.

I don't like the fact that I'm knackered today thanks to Dublin airport.

4 comments:

red said...

Sssh! You're making me homesick.

nuttycow said...

Awww Red. You can't prefer the dullness of Dublin airport to the splendors of Rome.. surely? (Hello by the way)

Jamie said...

I just saw "Once," so now I have an overly romantic, although probably realistically gritty, impression of what Dublin must be like. :-)

nuttycow said...

Don't be fooled Jamie. It's evil :D