The attack of the killer ducks
Look, I know they don't look that vicious and it's also true that some (well most) aren't actually facing me but believe me when I say that these ducks were after me.
With their slightly rounded beaks and flappy feet they were formidable opponents indeed. I did what every sane person would do in my situation, I hid behind N.
And how to I come to be in the path of these blood-thirsty (surely bread-thirsty - ed) anatidaes? We took a road trip to Summmerrrrzet. It was N's birthday so, in a fit of "I'm a lovely girlfriend"-ness, I booked a night in a little hotel and bought some front row tickets to see his favourite band. Hell, any excuse to drink zzzider and talk with a funny accent.
In other thrilling news, I am hungover, again. When I say "hungover" what I really mean is that a very small person did, with malicious forethought, creep into my room and stuff cotton wool into my brain, through my exposed ear. There is nothing else that could account for this fuzzy and full feeling in my head. I very much doubt that it was the cocktail of port, champagne, gin and lager I had last night.




9 comments:
Did the ducks start attacking you a) before, b) during or c) after your night on the tiles? If it was b) or c), what have you been smoking ?! If it was a) I'll make a note to avoid west-country wild-fowl...
Scarily WOT, the duck attack took place in the early hours of the morning (well, 9 o'clock) after the Wurzels gig. Now, I don't know if this means that cider makes me see things or whether I'm just a prime target for fowl with issues. The hangover of yesterday was self induced due to a big rugby win the day before. No excuses there.
The Wurzels Concert bit ... that was a joke, right?
If I said yes, would you like me?
O.R.!
The Wurzels. Cosmic.
Murph - OR? Is this some new-fangled "down with the kids" talk that I don't get.
Mr Wibble - welcome :) Even more welcome because you know truly great music when you hear it.
I believe it's Somerset-Speak for "Yes" Nutty. Didn't you learn anything at that Worzels Concert?
Sorry Murph - I'm a purist. I prefer Ooooo-Arrrrr.
Post a Comment