A (possible scary) blast from the past
Things are a tad manic at work at the moment so I've got very little time to write anything constructive/interesting (plus ca change some might say!)
However, the other day I went for a trial with the regional team and I randomly bumped into someone I used to share a house with at Uni. At Uni we actively avoided each other. I thought she was a little strange* and she probably thought I was a little mad. Hey-ho.
Imagine my shock when I saw her again, after 5 years, in charge of the team I wanted to join. Scary. Not just scary but it led me to think... does this mean I have to be nice to everyone, just in case, someday in the future, they might wield some power over me?
The morally sound part of me whispers "actually, you should probably be nice to everyone, and not just because you don't know what will happen in the future."
The realistic part of me shouts "oh, come on. There are going to be people out there you just don't like. If you're nice to them, that just makes you a two faced wotsit. Don't bother. Everything will work out in the end."
Does it make me a bad person if sometimes, just occassionally, I'm not nice to someone. I don't think so. I suppose we'll see if I get my comeuppance later in the week. She's supposed to call me and tell me whether I've made the squad or not.
*Yes, the same one I mentioned here




No comments:
Post a Comment